Be More Than a Leader. Become an Entrepreneur!
Entrepreneurial assistance is offered through webinar classes or individual, fee-based consultations. Learn everything you need to start generating income, if that suits you.
Immediately following training, we support you through membership in a private website that acts as a List Service, connecting you to hundreds of other Certified Laughter Leaders. You can use this network for the latest research, answers to your questions, and encouragement. Then, you can renew the support annually.
OVERALL GOALS OF TRAINING
Participants will be better able to:
- Use information from the science of laughter, Positive Psychology, and knowledge of ancient practices, in clinical, educational, consulting, corporate, and volunteer work.
- Identify the emotional and attitudinal factors that improve health, increase happiness and life satisfaction for clients, patients, residents, and students.
- Help their clients modify their lives, while empowering rich and healthy directions.
SPECIFIC CURRICULUM OBJECTIVES
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the contraindications for laughter therapy participation.
- Discuss the history of therapeutic laughter in the context of mind/body models envisioned by Norman Cousins and others.
- Define the terminology, fundamental concepts, and principles of therapeutic laughter.
- Demonstrate components of a therapeutic laughter session.
- Describe the six-step practices of “Good-Hearted Living”™.
- Describe the roles & responsibilities of a Certified Laughter Leader.
- Discuss each part of a standard therapeutic laughter program.
- Describe the adjustments needed for various types of challenging participants.
- Differentiate laughter versus humor.
- Describe the physiology of laughter.
- Differentiate healthy laughter versus that associated with pathology.
- Describe five aims of World Laughter Tour.
- Explain three ways that therapeutic laughter activities differ from humor therapy and other laughter-filled activities.
- Answer five frequently asked questions about therapeutic laughter and laughter clubs.
- Identify the populations that may benefit from therapeutic laughter.